Makalawena Beach, Big Island. Photo credit: hawaiitopten
NMC/2017 will be held on the big island of Hawai’I.
NMC/2017 Registration Fee:
|Through Jan 31, 2017 - Early Bird||$450.00||$550.00|
|Feb 1 - Mar 31, 2017||$600.00||$700.00|
Registration is carried out online, at the REGISTER/SUBMIT page. Please submit your presentation abstract when you register. Submitting a presentation is not required for participation in NMC/2017. However, if the conference becomes oversubscribed, acceptance will be preferentially given to applicants who contribute abstracts relevant to the workshop. Special consideration will be given to applicants from the press and research funding agencies.
- Registration fee includes: workshop registration, many meals, conference excursion, and web access to proceedings – for the registrant only. Additional charges for accompanying persons, not participating in the workshop itself, are detailed on the registration page. We believe the excursion is a vital part of the workshop, and an excellent opportunity for networking between researchers. We are not able to offer a reduced registration fee for any registered participant who opts out of this activity.
- All cancellation requests must be made in writing to Mary Sikora at email@example.com.
- Registration fee can be refunded in full until January 15, 2017.
- From January 16 – March 1, an administrative fee of $150 will be deducted from the amount paid.
- No refunds can be made after March 1, 2017.
- Hotel cancellations must be arranged directly with the hotel.
Photo & video credit: Liqidarts
The conference will be held at the Sheraton Kona Resort & Spa at Keauhou Bay; our special conference rates are listed below. Participants must book their own rooms directly with the hotel. Please be sure to book ASAP to ensure availability, and use the special room reservation web page set up by the hotel for NMC/2017.
|Partial Ocean View||$174.00||$174.00||$244.00||$314.00|
|Deluxe Executive Suite||$399.00||$399.00||$469.00||$539.00|
An aerial fly-by video of the hotel can be viewed here.
The closest airport to the conference venue is the Kona International Airport at Keahole (KOA)
For guests arriving/departing at KOA, transfers to/from the hotel are available:
Roberts Hawaii Express Shuttle: A convenient mode of transportation between Kona International Airport (KOA) and Sheraton Kona Resort & Spa. Roberts Hawaii Express Shuttle guarantees no more than 5 stops to the hotel destination.
Cost: $22 per person one way, or $44 round trip. Includes two standard pieces of luggage and one carry on. Oversized luggage fees may apply. Book now using the link above, or contact Roberts Express directly:
Toll-Free US/Canada: 1-800-831-5541
Taxi: There are taxi dispatch personnel near baggage claim.
Estimated travel time via taxi from airport: 20-40 minutes*
Cost: Approximately $55.00 and up*; additional fees may apply for extra passengers, luggage and waiting time.
*Prices and travel times are estimates and subject to change.
The conference includes a full-day excursion to Hawai’I Volcanoes National Park and the “old Hawai’i” town of Hilo. More information about the conference excursion can be found on the VENUE page.